3 Tools and Their Benefits for Legal Project Management
Legal professionals who harness the benefits of legal project management by exploring the latest technology and tools are better equipped to manage task execution from start to finish, conduct comprehensive research, and automate routine contract risk analysis and negotiation. Learn about three innovations that leaders in the field are implementing for “best-in-practice” legal project management.
Manage Tasks, Delegate, and Visualize Work-in-Progress
Asana, Trello, and Zapier
Task-oriented project management software can help legal teams:
- Break down complex projects into actionable tasks and assign them to appropriate staff.
- Map out dependencies between tasks and prioritize the order of execution.
- Store information in the cloud to facilitate universal access for authorized parties.
- Provide participants with a visualization of the project lifecycle.
- Break down silos and improve cross-departmental collaboration.
Legal departments that recognize the benefits of next-generation legal project management have increased productivity and efficiency by implementing comprehensive cloud-based workflow systems that utilize these technologies.
Compile Research, Convert Notes, and Exercise Due Diligence
Feature-rich legal project management platforms further help teams:
- Eliminate printing, annotating, and physically storing files and folders.
- Capture and save digital information for legal research in a variety of formats.
- Scan and convert business cards and handwritten notes to a searchable digital format.
- Share documents and notes across parties via the cloud.
- Organize agreements, emails, and articles in one place.
Evernote is an organizational platform used by many attorneys today. By creating a “notebook” for new projects, legal teams can aggregate, organize, and share information in real-time. As the project’s notebook expands, attorneys can easily search the collected materials. The ability to work across devices and access information remotely from any location underscores how digital project management platforms like Evernote contribute to the evolving ecosystem for legal project management.
Manage Contract Review and Negotiation with Artificial Intelligence
- Automate contract review to increase accuracy, speed, and efficiency.
- Update contract clauses based on the company’s AI Digital Playbook.
- Flag provisions containing inaccuracies, errors, vague language, and high-risk positions.
- Recognize terms and clauses that cause process bottlenecks and inefficiencies.
- Provide context-based suggestions for more favorable negotiation positions.
LexCheck is an award-winning artificial intelligence (AI) platform transforming contract negotiations for many of the world’s largest enterprises. CIOReview Magazine named LexCheck one of the “20 Most Promising Legal Tech Solution Providers” of 2021, comparing the platform to the work of a senior attorney. With LexCheck, contracts that once required days or weeks to review and negotiate can be complete in less than five minutes.
LexCheck’s AI-powered contract platform helps legal departments streamline end-to-end contract review and negotiations to enhance the benefits of legal project management. To learn more, contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or request a demo to experience the technology first-hand.
Gary Sangha | Founder & CEO
Gary Sangha is the Founder and CEO LexCheck. He's a serial entrepreneur and an academic. Gary previously founded Intelligize, a legal technology company that was acquired by LexisNexis. He's affiliated with the University of Pennsylvania and Stanford University and started his career as an attorney at Shearman & Sterling and White & Case.